Posted January 11, 2021Epping Forest Yacht and Country Club
Join our professional staff at our beautiful, historic Club property!
What's in it for you? Top pay - Flexible scheduling - Company provided uniforms and dry cleaning benefits - Company provided training & certifications . . . and so much more!
JOB SUMMARY: To ensure members have completely enjoyed their visit to the club by acting professionally, controlling the flow of seating, having a positive attitude, learning and using members names, exceeding members expectations and being a team player. Maintain the podium and it’s organization.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. Be punctual at all times and arrive to work on time, consistently.
2. able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and holidays.
3. be in proper uniform, clean, crisp, and in good condition upon entering the property, including wearing your name tag. Demeanor must be professional and welcoming.
4. Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; management has final approval
5. Become proficient on all appropriate equipment and safety procedures.
6. Maintain menu cleanliness.
7. Greet guest members and guest immediately with a smile.
8. Assist members and guest with any requests and control the flow of seating in the dining room.
9. Ensure all side-work is complete thoroughly at the beginning and end of each shift.
10. Answer phones in a professional and courteous manner.
11. Accurately take reservations for the dining room and club events.
12. Confirm all reservations for lunch and dinner.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
compensation: 11.00 per hour
Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club combines turn-of-the-century romance and world-class amenities in a setting of historical significance. Built in 1926 by industrialist Alfred I. duPont and wife Jesse Ball duPont as their Florida residence, Epping Forest was quickly distinguished as one of the country’s finest estates. Many illustrious guests, such as the Vanderbilts, Carnegies, Goulds, Presidents Gerald Ford and Anwar Sadat, graced its rooms for lavish parties. In the early 1970s, Epping Forest became the home of the Raymond K. Mason family. In 1984, Gate acquired Epping Forest from the Mason family. The company strongly believed that the estate should be preserved for future enjoyment of Jacksonville’s citizens. Recognized on the National Register of Historic Places, Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club now offers a traditional elegance reminiscent of times gone by, while offering the modern conveniences of today.
Meticulously restored to its original splendor, the duPont Mansion offers casual and gourmet dining with a level of service unmatched by its peers. The first floor glass terrace dining rooms and second story private dining and banquet facilities offer members and guests an unforgettable view of the English Gardens and St. Johns River. From Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club, one can enjoy a breathtaking sunset over the widest point of the St. Johns River. This view, along with award winning cuisine, exceptional service and banquet facilities, set the ideal scene for wedding receptions, private parties and group functions. Members also have access to a private marina and enjoy cruises, dock parties, sailing instruction, camps and a rental fleet.
The 12,000 square-foot Fitness Center showcases a large selection of the highest quality cardiovascular, circuit training and free weight equipment. Personal consultation and instruction are available along with an array of aerobic, yoga, Pilates and Spinning classes. Separate locker rooms are complete with steamroom, sauna, whirlpool and showers. Members also enjoy six pools, including a heated lap pool and separate adult and family pool areas. Family activities offered at Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club include our Cub’s Den nursery, children’s playground, family nights, swim team and many others. On-site tennis professionals are available to teach group and private lessons on six well-manicured, illuminated tennis courts. League play, camps and racquet stringing are also available. The Wheelhouse Café offers quick, full service menu items, seven days a week.