Posted January 4, 2021Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel
We are excited to announce a new position opening of Front Desk Supervisor at the acclaimed Renaissance Cruise Port Terminal Hotel. Being a part of this team you will have the amazing opportunity to professionally shine while providing superb customer service to our guests as well as making their st
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION
The Front Desk Supervisor assists the Front Desk Manager & Front Office Manager in directing the operations of the Front Desk staff to properly ensure the prompt, efficient and courteous service to guests and that all guests’ needs are met during their stay and to ensure the highest levels of guest satisfaction.
· Supervise the efficient operations of the reception including check-in / out procedures.
· Support Ambassadors in handling guest requests and inquires to ensure a positive outcome is achieved.
· Assist with the process of guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
· Process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
· Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
· Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, direction to local attractions, etc.
· Ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
· Understand thoroughly all hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties.
· Ensure Ambassadors have current knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties at the highest level.
· Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Ambassadors to exceed standards.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
The Company may consider an equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the guest services,front desk, or related professional area "Hospitality preferred".
· One year supervisory experience.
· Guest service, basic accounting, and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
This position requires WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS and a FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE! Benefits we provide to our AMAZING Ambassadors:
· Supplemental benefits
· Hotel discounts
· Free lunch
· Much more!!!!
About the Company:
The Wurzak Hotel Group (“WHG”) is a Philadelphia based, vertically integrated owner, developer and operator of premium branded full service, extended stay and focus service hotels. WHG gains its competitive advantage by developing talent within the organization that embody the same entrepreneurial spirit of our leadership team and who seeks to create value through tireless innovation and a tight focus on the operational details.
The Wurzak Hotel Group (“WHG”) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
compensation: Market Competitive
Our Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port hotel near Port Everglades is perfectly situated in the heart of Fort Lauderdale’s Vibrant 17th Street Cruise District. We are located at the entrance to Port Everglades and the Broward County Convention Center, 5 minutes from Fort Lauderdale Beach, downtown Fort Lauderdale and Las Olas Blvd. Hop on the Water Taxi, we’re steps from the stop. If arriving by plane, we’re only 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) and while renting a car is easy, the Sun Trolley is a unique way to get around. Our newly renovated lobby, restaurants and guest rooms provide a contemporary coastal feel. Guests can relax under swaying palm trees, catch a nap in a pool-side cabana, or sip cocktails under the Fort Lauderdale sun. Whether starting or ending the day, our culinary team will awaken the senses. Guests an sip locally roasted coffee at Calusa Coffee Bar, treat themselves to a locally-inspired meal at Bistro 17, or enjoy craft cocktails & local beers at R Lounge.