Develops and implements marketing strategies designed to achieve RevPar/share-of-wallet (non-room revenue) goals for departments including, but not limited to, spa, food and beverage, retail, concierge, and front office. Manages all in-hotel messaging to guests. Updates hotel web page content as needed to insure up-to-date accuracy. Liaises with key departmental leaders and teams to assist with developing and implementing marketing plans and goals. Develops, plans, and executes programs as necessary to achieve stated revenue goals. Manages workflow with on-property graphic designer to verify all in-house marketing messages/materials are on-strategy and within budget.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 3 years' experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 1 year experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Conducting Marketing Activities to Achieve Departmental Goals
• Implements regular tracking of initiatives to determine results.
• Updates hotel web page content as needed to insure up-to-date accuracy.
• Manages all in-hotel messaging to guests including, but not limited to: AstroVision, Janus, plasma screens, front desk electronic signage, in-room and in-hotel collateral, iConnect, entertainment guides, duratrans, pole banners, on-hold messages, in-room videos, transportation videos, wayfinding, fast maps, key cards, etc.).
Developing and Implementing Marketing Strategies
• Liaises with key operators of each department to determine goals and marketing needs.
• Liaises with hotel Director of Public Relations to provide communications tools as needed for the implementation of local/regional publicity and promotions initiatives.
• Works with brand Vice Presidents and Brand Marketing Managers to assist with implementation of brand leisure transient and group market strategies at hotel level as needed.
• Coordinates and implements Strategic Alliance partner marketing program elements.
• Develops, plans, and executes programs as necessary to achieve stated revenue goals.
• Manages workflow with on-property graphic designer to verify all in-house marketing messages/materials are on-strategy and within budget.
• Liaises with brand VPs for all local/regional media needs related to non-rooms revenue initiatives.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Directs the work of employees.
• Sets and adjusts employees' rates of pay and hours of work.
• Handles employee complaints and executes disciplinary action as needed.
• Evaluates employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Comprehensively transformed and perfectly situated, Sheraton Dallas Hotel is ready to exceed your expectations. We're nestled in the city's downtown district, near American Airlines Center, Fair Park and the diverse Deep Ellum neighborhood. Make yourself comfortable in beautifully renovated rooms and suites with everything you need to relax and work smart - from spacious desks and high-speed Wi-Fi to our Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience. Refreshed dining options include Draft Sports Bar & Lounge, which offers 12 beers on tap and the day's big games. You can also enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at Open Palette, Illy coffee at Moka Pot, a cocktail at The Parlor or an on-the-go snack from our marketplace. Meetings and events are meaningful occasions in our versatile venue spaces, which have been totally transformed and include four magnificent ballrooms. If you want to explore, our hotel places the energy of downtown Dallas right at your fingertips.