Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function. To include recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. Provides guidance and support to management staff and hourly associates.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist and support management staff with effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified associates. Ensure compliance with Crescent hiring practices. Confirm and verify that new and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility documents. Conduct interviews for all management positions.
2. Conduct annual wage comparative survey within competitive set. Ensure compliance of federal, state wage and hour laws and the Fair Labor Standard Act.
3. Conduct all mandatory Crescent training programs. Ensure brand training is completed for brand Quality Assurance audit, if applicable. Assist department managers to ensure on the job training is completed in a timely manner.
4. Coordinate & monitor hourly and management performance evaluation process. Assist department managers in writing annual performance reviews and developing achievable goals. Ensure merit increases are equitable and
processed in a timely manner.
5. Support & coordinate all Crescent, human resource initiatives & business practices. Create an atmosphere of being the employer of choice.
6. Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and Crescent safety training program. Manage all worker compensation and guest liability claims.
7. Assist with the coordination of benefits with Crescent’s benefit administrator for new hires, current & terminated associates. Assist associates with requests. Director of Human Resources for FMLA & personal LOA paperwork and coordinates the collection of insurance premium payments.
8. Ensure hotel departments are entering weekly schedules into web-based time keeping software. Provides weekly payroll reports to General Manager and department managers. Assists with processing of weekly/bi-weekly payroll by reviewing department time edits and pay code updates. Reviews & signs off on final pre-transmission report to ensure accuracy of payment for weekly/bi-weekly payroll.
9. Support, engage and guide department managers with the assistance of General Manager to develop a positive learning environment. Assists department managers with associate issues or concerns and developing problem resolution strategies.
10. Manage all labor relations activities and ensure compliance of negotiated union contract(s). Respond to all grievances in writing, negotiate settlements and act as the hotel representative at all arbitrations.
Three to five years experience as a Human Resources Director
Ability to read, write and speak English language fluently.
Luxury hotel experience strongly preferred
Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
Excellent time management and problem resolution skills.
Thorough knowledge of Human Resource practices and procedures.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Extensive knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resource matters.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Ability to effectively deal with employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HALL Arts Hotel offers the perfect blend of art and the services and luxuries of an upscale boutique hotel in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. With surrounding views of Pritzker Prize-winning architecture, such as the Winspear Opera House and Wyly Theatre, HALL Arts Hotel provides a unique opportunity to stay in the cultural center of Dallas.
HALL Arts Hotel will be the preeminent luxury hotel in Dallas, with uncompromising class and exceptional elegance.
Hotel features include: