Come join our FUN and collaborative team!
• Handle all telephone inquiries with prompt courtesy, while applying the hotel's selling strategy and selling technique, in order to achieve budgeted goals and maximize revenue.
• Successfully complete a room reservation for any given time period knowing the types of accommodations, rates and special services are available. In addition, the ability to properly code and audit all reservations by market segment, company, source, origin, travel agent, etc...
• Process internal reservations, management reservations, reservations from the GDS, house/comp requests, travel agent rates and emails.
• Handle high volume of email correspondence.
• Must have a positive attitude and strong attention to detail.
• Must be flexible with scheduling.
In the early 1980’s, Meredith was at a crucial point in its history, struggling with how to responsibly develop and revitalize its downtown area without jeopardizing its small town character and charm, historic resources, and environmental assets.
In 1983, three investors bought the mill property that dated back to the beginning of our country’s Industrial Revolution, which had deteriorated into an unsightly sprawl. Many of the non-historic structures in the complex were razed, but the historic old linen Mill was preserved and reconstructed into a four-floor marketplace. A half-ton copper cupola from atop the tower of a North Woodstock Church was acquired and hoisted to a new perch on the mill roof. The Marketplace, along with three new retail buildings, was created and opened its doors for business in 1984.
The following year, the magnificent 54-room Inn at Mill Falls was added to the complex.
The area was beautifully landscaped, and the waterfall that powered the old mill was exposed. Instead of walking around the mill property to get to the waterfront, people could now stroll along red brick paths and enjoy the shops and scenery.
From a dilapidated mill town to a world-class village resort, Meredith has undergone a remarkable transformation over the last 25 years, and Mill Falls at the Lake has played a major role in that transformation.