The Yacht Club Concierge acts as the liaison between the Members and guests at the Yacht Club. This position helps book dining room reservations and all social Yacht Club Member events, including communicating all details via phone/email or in person for Member functions. This position provides a highly visible & proactive service that is aimed towards addressing Member and Guest requests, all dining reservations via Restaurant Connect for Yacht Club, anticipation of expected and unexpected needs and resolution of potential areas of opportunity. This position is also knowledgeable of information regarding the resort facilities and outlets and their hours of operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Answer all phone and emails at the concierge desk in a timely fashion and return missed calls or emails within one hour.
• Act as liaison for all F&B Events at the Yacht Club.
• Answer phones regarding dining reservations and input them into Restaurant Connect and block in Delphi.
• Provide general knowledge about the resort to our Members and Guests as well as tours of the Yacht Club.
• Attend and represent at all Member coordinated Events (i.e. birthday parties, Anniversaries, Mah Johng, Bridge, etc.).
• Overcome Member and guest challenges and complaints in a calm, collected manner by listening to the Member or guest and projecting the highest ability in solving problems.
• Work closely with the Yacht Club Events Manager and Reservations Specialist; assist in all capacities of Members and guest requests.
• Perform mail-out duties such as thank you letters, comment letters, re-booking, emails, reminders, etc.
• Maintain professional composure in high stress situations in order to make last minute changes, and develop strong and concise written and oral communication with other departments.
• Provide business services for all Members and guests involving basic typing, word processing, computer publishing, copying, faxing, scanning and other message transmissions.
• May be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
• High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary education in a related field desirable.
• Ability to prioritize, identify problems and seek solutions and follow up/follow through with a variety of tasks.
• Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays and special events, as needed.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to communicate Member and guest needs and resolve complaints.
• Phone etiquette is a must.
• Able to multi task in a fast paced environment.
• Familiar with Hotel/Resort environment.
• Must be familiar and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point, also Delphi and a broad knowledge or Internet.
• Able to type 40 words per minute.
• High attention to detail.
• Highly organized.
• Presents a friendly attitude, excellent listening abilities and pleasant body posture at all times and is knowledgeable and helpful in assisting at all times.
• Maintain professional uniformed attire based on company standards.
• Must have a neat and pleasant overall appearance.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Frequently lifting 10-15 lbs.
• Must be able to reach top drawer of four-drawer cabinet.
• Must have normal vision or corrective lenses.
• Standing and walking 6-8 hours per day.
• Must be able to ascend/descend stairs as a daily routine.
• Able to perform manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity e.g. typing, handwriting or machine operations.
• Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English.
• Must be able to interact with co-workers, and have a sense of TEAM.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.