Ensure that guests receive outstanding customer service according to company and brand standards. Greets guests, assists them with check-ins and check-outs, registers and assigns rooms, issues room keys/cards, transmits and receives messages, keeps records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, makes and confirms reservations, presents statement to and collects payments from guests as well as ensuring that guest payments are collected and processed in a reliable and timely manner.
Ensures that all service provided are consistently prompt and courteous and meet high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business. Inspects guest rooms and public spaces to ensure compliance and to confirm rooms and property are guest ready. Responds to all emergency situations (police, fire, emergency responder, weather, building – electrical outage, water line breaks, etc.) in a timely manner.
Cleans the lobby and public restroom; washes and folds laundry; and assists other staff in preparing check outs to be guest ready.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with rotating weekday and weekend shifts. Employees in this position may be asked to take overnight on-call shifts from time to time.
Essential Job Functions
- Organizes, confirms, processes, and conducts all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations; greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Collects payments, verifies and adjusts billing as directed by the GM.
- Keeps abreast of hotel policies concerning rates, group and other discounts, and special offerings.
- Issues room keys, identifies and explains room features to guests. Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation and local areas of interest.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Performs bookkeeping activities such as making cash deposits, completing daily audit, running reports, and posting payments to guest folios.
- Responds to guest comments, compliments, or complaints, referring customers to GM as necessary.
- Prepares housekeeping duty rosters for check-out and stay-over cleans.
- Inspects rooms and public areas to ensure expected health and safety standards for pest control.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicits comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Maintains proficiency in all location computer and software systems.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Washes and folds laundry.
- Provides support to housekeeping in guest rooms and public spaces as well as inspecting and stocking housekeeping carts for service preparedness as needed based on business demands.
- From time to time, employees in this position may be asked to cover at another hotel in their area during critical staffing needs.
- Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the job and applies that knowledge effectively, satisfactorily performs essential job functions and demonstrates required knowledge and skills
- Quality of Work: Performs at a high level of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Reliability: Can be depended upon to complete work properly and on time, trustworthy, and follows work rules and policies.
- Teamwork: Good team member, works well with others.
- Attendance: Consistency in coming to work on time, completing shifts, and demonstrates good attendance by working scheduled shifts.
- Communication/Professionalism: Interacts with guests, team members, vendors, and others both orally and written in a professional manner.
- Productivity: Produces high levels of outputs in a timely manner under normal and high-pressure conditions while following company procedures.
- Core Values: Committed to following company core values of people first, integrity, transparency, operational excellence, and collaboration.
No supervisory responsibility for this position.
This position will be located at a hotel and primarily work behind the front desk, in public spaces, and occasionally in guest rooms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, and lifting.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position if such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior guest service experience preferred.
- Must have computer skills including the ability to access and accurately input information into a computer system including Microsoft Office Suite and the Hotel PMS system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Friendly, cooperative manner and patience in dealing with customers and staff.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong organizational time management skills and problem-solving skills.
Nationwide Hotel Management Company participates in E-Verify for every employee.
NHMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.