BASIC PURPOSE: Plan, solicit, book and coordinate group room sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for negotiating room rates, dates and space for large groups/accounts.
1. Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals.
2. Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
3. Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
4. Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
5. Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
Skills and Abilities:
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Formally the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, The Wink Hotel invites travelers to live a little louder, inspire others with their joie de vivre and never, ever compromise. We’re adding a splash of modern style to Washington DC’s Dupont Circle. No matter what brings guests to the nation’s capital, we’ll help them get down to business or get up to some serious fun. Moments from funky Adams Morgan, Georgetown shopping and nightlife, the International Spy Museum, the Dupont Underground Art Space and more, The Wink brings the best of DC in the blink of an eye.