posted February 9, 2020The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection
Our Luggage Attendant/ Bell Staff are a focal point of The Citizen Arrival. They have constant interaction with guests and experience the most diverse operating exposure in the entire hotel. As a Bell/Luggage Attendant this role is to welcome and escort guests to and from their rooms and assist with luggage. Store guest baggage upon request and assist with loading and unloading baggage into and out of automobiles. Responsibilities also include assisting guests with transportation request, taxi requests and assisting guests in a timely manner with request. Inform guests of safety features and promotion of hotel outlets.The role of a Bell/Luggage Attendant is to serve as a Welcome Ambassadors and hunt for ways to impress our guests with endless possibilities and seek out opportunities to anticipate needs, exceed expectations and create a memorable experience. (This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Benefits: Some of the great benefits of being part of the Citizen Hotel Team include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Pension Trust Fund, Associate Hotel Discount Rate program, and Career Development.
1. Show guests to room assisting them with their luggage.
2. Explain all hotel facilities, their location in the hotel, hours of operation, and answer all questions about these facilities and other hotel questions.
3. Check luggage for hotel guests both for day and overnight.
4. Maintain the designated station in the lobby, standing alert to be easily summoned for fronts.
5. Open doors and greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
6. Maintain the cleanliness of the bellstand, lobby and baggage room. Keep lobby door and windows clean when not busy with guests.
7. Post the daily events board and entertainment board in the lobby.
8. Maintain an open communication line through all shifts by proper use of intershift log.
9. Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
10. May perform the duties of a valet as required.
11. Assist front desk with key inventory twice weekly.
12. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
13. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesThe individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:-Ability to work flexible shifts and flexible days to include weekends and holidays preferred.- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests/visitors, management and co-workers to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.- Ability to provide legible communication and directions.- Ability to exert physical effort in placing, removing guest luggage to/from guest room.- Requires physical stamina to stand, lift, carry and walk continuously for duration of shift.- Previous experience in similar position dealing with guest contact.-Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. -Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. -Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. -Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space. -Must be able to grasp, write, stand, sit, walk, engage in repetitive motions, bend, and climb.Onsite physical attendance required
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Citizen Hotel is a 196 room boutique property with over 9,000 square feet of function space. The exterior of the building is an early 1900's classic design by architect George Selland. The interiors celebrate the history of California with unique décor that is whimsical with modern amenities. No two rooms are alike and all offer a different perspective of downtown Sacramento. Featuring a farm to fork destination restaurant Grange Restaurant & Bar which has received national accolades and is a local favorite.