posted January 9, 2020Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Located only 1/3 of a mile from LAX and a few miles (5 km) of Los Angeles Forum and Hollywood Park Casino. At the Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, guests can enjoy our 557- room hotel, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, free WIFI in public areas, complimentary shuttle from and to LAX. We are a diverse hotel and our hands on 24/7 staff is multilingual to help with luggage storage, dry cleaning/laundry, and tours or tickets. Additional amenities include conference space, a business center, and a computer station.
At Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport we believe in creating memorable experiences where our associates and our guest feel valued and care for. We're in search of an energetic individual who is passionate, personable and fun. The Guest Service Agent will assist guest efficiently, courteously and professionally in all front desk related functions according to the standards set forth by management.
As a Crescent managed hotel, our property offers the following benefits for full time associates:
* Paid time off after 90 days of service, the associate starts accruing after day one
* Vacation time after 6 months of service, the associate starts accruing after day one
* Holiday Pay after 90 days of service
* Benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Annual Review & Merit Salary increases
* 401k after six months of service
* Customer service based incentive programs
* Tuition Reimbursement
* A complimentary lunch buffet is provided daily by the hotel
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
2. Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Crescent and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
3. Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
4. Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
5. Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
6. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
E-Verify Disclaimer: Crescent Hotels and Resorts participates in the E-Verify program.
Please Note: We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
9750 Airport Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90045
561 Room Hotel
We are just a mile from LAX Airport, with complimentary shuttle service, and a mile from Manhattan Beach. Centrally located, everything in L.A. is right here: shopping, dining and entertainment. We're a quick hop to Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and the 405. Lounge by the outdoor heated pool, work out in the Fitness Center or get together in over 14,800 square feet of banquet and meeting space. For great food and drink, just stop by Comfort Restaurant or Brewsters Beererie for over 100 beer choices. From flat screen TVs to free high speed internet access to the cozy, restful Four Points signature bed, each of our 549 rooms, including 20 Jr. Suites, has everything in place to completely relax. Just sit back and enjoy the pool or runway views.